Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"He Knew I Needed Her."













The way she says good morning.
Her ability to make you laugh...really laugh.
Her willingness to say I'm sorry.
The way she carries her facecloth on her head.
The way her eyelashes curl.
The fact that she has spoken more words in 2 years than Calvin has his entire life.
The freckle on her thumb.
Her music note.
Both kisses from God.


Her ability to make you see the pretty.
The way she asks if you are okay.
The bounce in her step.
The way she says excuse me after she burps.
The way she sings her made up songs.
The way she finds Calvin's shoes at school and gets them ready for his feet at home time.
Her ability to walk by in her underwear and make you smile.
The way she throws rocks in the stream.
Her ability to stand firm in what she feels is right.
Her ability to understand when you explain "no sweetie, not now."
The way she asks for a cuddle just because she wants one.
The way she gives kisses and huggies before she goes to bed.
Her ability to bring me to tears just because she is.
He knew I needed her.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Nellie, you must know I'm crying right now. In fact, the tears began as soon as I read the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessed soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet. Those pics man!
    Gorgeous.
    Meghan xo (you're here for BBS.)

    ReplyDelete