Monday, May 11, 2009

Standing In Awe.

There is so much history behind this beautiful, yet half naked magnolia tree that stands majestically in our backyard. (although, now that I think about it, can a half naked anything stand majestically???) Anyhow, now towering at over 1o feet tall and about 8 feet in diameter, this piece of heaven was a mere knee high to a grasshopper just 5 years ago.
Every spring, I wait with great
anticipation for my blooms to open, as I take daily walks through the muddy terrain of our winter drenched yard in hopes to see the peaking of pink petals.
And then, one day....magic happens. As if they can't contain themselves any longer, these beautiful fragrant reminders of God's creativity burst through their cocooned seams and scream forth a new season of renewal and rebirth, and I stand in awe.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. You're just as good at writing about things other than your kids!

    p.s.You know you're a girl when you say that about being half naked:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics.

    :) Meghan xo (you're here for BBS.)

    ReplyDelete