Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Master Carpenter.

We are having work done on the exterior of our house and no one could be happier than my Mr. Pants. He wakes early just so he can eat his breakfast and then run outside to meet Henry and Rob (apparently the 2 coolest workers ever). I asked Calvin the other evening, "why are you laying your clothes out?" Something not many 6 year old boys do without being prompted again and again... and again. "Meem," he replied, "they're my work clothes!" A smile stretched across my face and I immediately thanked God for my little man's strong work ethic already etched in his young impressionable mind.
There have been many times when I thought that living here had stretched us beyond what we ever though a house could actually do.... (there have been a few mishaps to say the least). But, when I look into the eyes of my baby and see such a desire to work, initiated by the dedication of an amazing father willing to show his boy the ropes, the house could fall over and I would still be thankful that God brought us to this little piece of paradise.



As I sit and type this, Calvin is, with tool belt in place, outside hanging out with "the guys," waiting for his next chore. May it be picking up nails or scraps of wood or hammering things that really don't need hammering, to him, this is very important work, and little does my little man know, it really is very important work. His foundation is being poured and moulded by The Master Carpenter for the strong desire to work hard and to work honest.
How cool is that???

2 comments:

  1. Oh my soul!
    You have a way with words, Nellie.
    What a precious story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!
    I, i, mean COOL :)

    Hope to see you guys again soon!
    Meghan xo (you're here for BBS.)

    ReplyDelete