Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Wind.

The sun is casting different shadows on our property and I know that sleep is coming. It's a slumber that I so look forward to, as the bustle of summer begins to rest under the blanket of much needed routine.
The beauty of fall takes on so many changing characteristics, and the one that clings to my heart the deepest is the one I watch walk out my front door .
As Calvin, with backpack in place, breaks free of my hugs and kisses, I admire as he eagerly pulls at Glenn's hand to drive him to Grade One. He is so ready and i am so.....not. I'm not ready to give him over to full time everyday early mornings no lounging in our jammies until noon kinda days. I'm not ready to watch him spend more time away from me than with me. He's mine...I had him first, I think to myself as I bite back my tears of fear and loss. And then, like a leaf falling from high, floating on the wind, You whisper ever so softly and I am given over to my only option at that point.....the promise of prayer.


"God go before my treasure that is ultimately yours. Protect him and keep him close to your gentle guiding hand. Cultivate the beginnings of Godly, influential friendships and mentors. Show him that his uniqueness is a gift of love only from you as you continue to instill in him his strong desire to work hard and do well.

Speak softly to his tender heart Lord....I know he is listening."

7 comments:

  1. I love this.
    It brought tears to my eyes.
    Now, I'M missing him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin please come over before it's too late and bring your bathing suit and skateboard!!!!

    Love you Auntie Annie and thansk again for the butterflys!
    I might put them on top of my bed or like Maiseys.

    Love ya!

    Meggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My word varification was phypest!

    I know, WEIRD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way...I invited U to see my blog.

    Check your e-mail.

    That's what I sent It on.

    LOVE YOU!

    MEGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, this might be my favorite one...our little man is growing up, and I am not ready for it(also). I cannot believe how much I love our children...what an example of how God loves us :)

    I love you baby,

    Glenn
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great.
    :)
    Meghan xo (you're here for BBS.)

    ReplyDelete