Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love Beyond.

As I watched and waited alongside a dear friend as she struggled to fight a battle bigger than herself, I am thankful to God for the strength He had given her to push through and do the only thing a mother can do;

Love beyond all that you ever thought you could.

These are her words, penned to give perspective during a difficult transitory time.
Her poetry became her prayer, and may God continue to listen.

Listen;



The devil surprised me when he came to my house
I had never seen him before
I didn't even recognize who he was
As he casually strolled through my door

I felt overwhelmed by such a darkness
As he carefully settled in
I prayed that he would leave
He just stared with a sickly grin

His eyes roamed around the room
He said, it is my son he is here to see
I struggled to push him out the door
But he was so much stronger than me

I watched as he walked up the stairs
And moved right on in
I had lost all control
The devil was here to win

He masked himself so cleverly
To take away all my son's sorrow
Then leaned in close to his ear
And whispered "I'll be back tomorrow"

With all the love that I have
With every bit of my soul
I kept fighting and fighting and trying
As I watched him reach his goal

I witnessed the transformation
Trying to reason through my tears
My words were simply not enough
The devil had given him deaf ears

What a powerful darkness
Able to win over my son
He created a liar an addict a stranger
Then smiled, his job here was done

He just walked right out of my house
He played his twisted game
There is now someone else to visit
He is anxious to start again

I'm left with a hallow emptiness
As I look into my son's eyes
I see his silent torture
His life had become a string of lies

I gathered every bit of strength I had
And sent my love away
To get him the help he needed
While I waited helplessly every day

They have armed my boy with tools
And sent him back to me
Going forward the decisions are his
Choosing the life he wants it to be

I have such an underlying fear
But I have faith my son can win
If the devil should ever knock at the door
Please my love, find the strength to never let him in.

3 comments:

  1. This is so very heartfelt. I ache for her. Praying that things are better from now on.
    Thank you for sharing this, Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures.
    What a blessing to have a blogger lie you and my Mom!
    Great.
    Meghan xo (you're here for BBS.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi let me introduce myself..my name is karen from
    http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/ I came across your blog and read this post ,and my heart stopped beating.. OMG..what a poem... I have a nephew that is drug addited..and is now in jail.. I copied it and sent it to my sister to copy and mail it to him. it is a very visual poem and i hope it will open his eyes..
    On a lighter note.. I hope you come by and visit me ,when you get a chance.
    God bless and thank you for the post

    ReplyDelete